Is it just me ? Who has to..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Johnny79, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Cut 50 lawns a day to make a decent living in lawn maintenance. I wish I only had to cut 25 a day and make the same amount of money. I just get stressed when I have to do so many lawns a day you cant really enjoy what you are doing.
    Does anyone else feel this way? I think that is the thing I hate most about this business.

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Some markets can not support a mow only business. Some business don't charge enough.

3. hal

hal LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Cut 50 a day? You must be super fast or they're super small.

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

50 lawns a day?
    In a ten hour day that’s an average of 5 lawns an hour which means you’re at any lawn for around 12 minutes including travel/load/unload.

You’re doing the same amount of work anyone else is, really ... just your lawns are tiny and you’re wasting time traveling to them all.
    If you had half as many lawns that were twice the size you’d have to load/travel half as much and half time to breathe.

5. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

50 lawns a day? How is that possible?

Sounds like you need to hire helpers or crews to mow for you.

6. Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Both 2 guys helping me

7. Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Yes I wish for the same size lawn , I can get double my money . Now I only have to do 25 and I'm good easy no stress dont have to go 100mph. It would be great if I can charge a 25 stop fee and 25 to cut it.
    It sucks,your mechanic can charge $200 for a $100 part and we cant do anything , I mean if u charge 30 dollars and the other guy 29 he gets the job. I've been doing this for a long time and I just dont like that I have to go 100mps every day to make decent money wish it was a little easier to make more money doing it. I'm probably just being a wuss

8. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

If u charge 30 and other guy 29 he gets job not always true if you do a better job putting out quality work if there squabbling over 1 dollar they got troubles I'm in neighborhood with couple different companies 5 and 8 dollars higher than they are and there customers come to me every year and ask me to take there lawn. I don't take them because I always have a full schedule plus these are good friends of mine so i want to respect them. I tell them I would be higher priced there comment is I would pay that to have my lawn look like the lawns you are doing. With that being said these are higher end neighbor hoods also. But usually even if it's lower end neighborhoods and they see u mowing in the neighborhood and see the way you make ur lawns look I don't think I've ever had anybody squabble over a buck or 2

9. Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

10. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Member