Lawn Care Forum banner

Is it just me

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dr.NewEarth 
#1 ·
Today alone I had 2 appointments to meet with customers for an estimate on complete landscape renovation. Both were very chatty on the phone, gave me what they wanted and the general specs. Both included after the fact mowing and year round upkeep.

So I fit them into the mornings schedule and after finishing the three morning properties, I call the first one, no answer. Scheduled appointment at 10, its 0945. Leave message then call the next one. Same thing. No answer. They were scheduled for 1100. Leave message and continue to head in there direction. Nothing out of any of them. Im fairly pissed that BOTH appointments behaved like this. But its not the first this season. Ive had more calls for appointments this year with people either kicking tires or never bothering to answer when i call to let them know Im on way.

I didn't work last season since I was deployed but the year before wasn't nearly this bad. Im sick to death of people and there behavior anymore. I want to know, has anyone else had a spike in customers dropping the ball on appointments or what. Sorry for the rant but this year alone, has been the worst for this.

#2 ·
we generally don't do appointments for residentials. Or even commercials unless they ask to meet in person. Most people call for an estimate, and I go do one. Only 1 in 5 customers actually want to meet. saves me alot of time and aggrevation especially if we don't get the job.

I have found that most of the ones who want to meet with you and chat for an hour are the ones you never hear back from.

#5 ·
Im with the norm on I don't do face to face with residential customers for the most part. But these customers were in high profile area's of town that Im trying to break into, show off the portfolio, you know the drill. And given the property sizes I looked up on Google Earth, they would have easily tipped the 2K mark given what was told over the phone. Ah well, vacation for me and the wife/kids starts tomorrow, no more pondering crappy clients!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.