Is it possible to load a skid steer without any front ballast

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Grant1, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Grant1

Grant1 LawnSite Member

I have several trailers and all seem to be too steep of an incline to front load a Kubota SSV75 without any front ballast such as at least a bucket or implement attached. My problem is I need to carry several implements to the job site so loading them with the skid steer is the fastest option. The problem is when U detach from the implement I have to back off the trailer with no weight on the front of the machine and the machine feels like it wants to go over backwards. Any one have a similar problem or experience?

2. Jmcculler

Jmcculler LawnSite Member

I would just keep moving backward, if it does try to tip just gas it to bring the front back down. long as you can keep it on the ramps. or if the trailer is wide enough, do a 360 and drive off forward.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Is it a deckover? Just do a 180 on the trailer

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

You can flip it over in a heartbeat . Load the implements over the side of the trailer , or get longer ramps

5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Going down the trailer backwards without an implement is the easy part. Trying to get back up when the machine wants to wheelie on you is really fun.

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

7. Grant1

Grant1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I now have a deckover trailer that I can load from the side. Thanks for the info

8. Landscraper77

Landscraper77 LawnSite Member

Why I bought a tilt trailer. If not a tilt I would do a deck over and 180

9. Ray3

Ray3 LawnSite Member

I have been in that situation before. I have put 6x6's under the ramps. Makes a big difference.