• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

is my plow short

Frank

LawnSite Member
i am looking to add another plow on the road i have a 89 jeep wrangler and found a used 6 1/2ft. meyer poly plow. my jeep is about 6 ft. and someone told me i need a 7 ft. i am trying to keep it small for tight areas. can anyone tell me if i would be makeing a mistake?

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would take the 6.5 and add pro wings. At the low rate of speed that the wrangler will be moving snow, they should hold up fine on the 6.5' plow.
Dino

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
We have a 6.5' on our 95 wrangler and it works fine.

iowastorm

LawnSite Senior Member
Worried about your plow being too short? Sounds like a personal problem . . .

Iceman

LawnSite Member
We have a friend that plows one account with a Jeep/6-5 plow, a storage facility. It takes him awhile but it does get the job done. As said above, pro wings could always be added later on.

SCL

LawnSite Senior Member
There goes one of those Iowa guys thinking with the wrong lever again. Enjoy the whooping Illinois is gonna give the Hawkeyes tonight!

iowastorm

LawnSite Senior Member
I am in no way a Hawkeye fan; so give 'em a good whooping.

OP
F

Frank

LawnSite Member
thanks for the replys
the thing is i am afraid that when i plow with the blade angled left or right will i get snow in front of my front tire.