• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Is that it with Buckner?


LawnSite Fanatic
Visalia, CA
They're owned by Storm now, I think.

We still have some old Buckner brass valves in the ground (actually sidewalks) at a couple of older schools. They make a solenoid for them and there's even a "universal" solenoid on the market.


LawnSite Platinum Member
The plastic 1" are called the VP series and sold at Ewing along with 1.5" and 2" (under their Landscape Products banner I think).

I went to get diaphragms for a couple last year and found they weren't available.... but the valve itself is still cheap, under $15.

As it turned out, it was a waste of time becauswe the valve or diaphragm had been slightly redesigned to the point where replacing diaphragm and bonnet didn't do the trick... I ripped out the two old valves and put in Superior 450 instead.

If I was putting in a new 1" plastic valve, and budget was a big issue, I'd go with a Superior or the Irrigation Direct 1" valve for under $10. If those aren't available to you I'd probably go with a DVF.

Buckner and Superior have the same parent company (Storm), but I've always had better results with Superior valves.