Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to pick one up used. Machine has 1300 hours and kohler 650 EFI engine. I am very familiar with the 2006 model. Did they screw it up or still a great machine? Engine thoughts? Thanks.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
That depends on the cost, condition and expectations you have for it. It could be a very well-maintained unit and still has some life left in it...or who knows.

· Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are looking for $2800. It physically looks good, but I have no clue about the new EFI engines. I have a 60 inch turf tracer not that I repowered from the stock 21hp to a 23hp. It is kholer. Kholer is not without issues, but then again neither is Kawasaki. Is that price decent?

· Registered
1,310 Posts
That depends.... for homeowner use that could be another 10 to 12 years of use or more! To a commercial operator, it depends on the application and their use. It could last a year or 2 or 3 depending on how many accounts they have. Or is it for back up use only? Without knowing more about the machine and your expectations, it's hard to tell if it's a decent price. My personal thoughts are; It's a now 17-year-old machine. Here's a case where it's more of an age over mileage issue...things just get old...hoses, seals and such. It seems high to me, but of course everything is so much higher these days, so, that it may in fact be a very fair deal. If the engine expires after a couple hundred hours, are you prepared to incur the cost to replace it? Now we're talking about a $5,000 mower...still worth it? How long do you expect to be using this mower? Will it be a primary mower or backup?

· Registered
3,219 Posts
I sold a 48" TT this past summer for 2400 that had 2000 hrs. on it well kept, well serviced, but yeah, well used!
still cut like a beast and the guy didn't waste much time loading it on his trailer!
original kaw still fired right up.

· Registered
8,074 Posts
The only major changes to Tracers in past 25yrs is Tri vantage to UC, ECS, dropping Kohler, electric clutch, and 15/16” from 5/8” blade bolts

eXpect 4K plus hrs on the hydros and frame unless you a fat man doing hills with a sulky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts