Lawn Care Forum banner

is the Expo worth my time

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  walker-talker 
#1 ·
I have put it off for the past two years and I am wondering whether or not the Expo in November is actually worth my time, and what all FREEBIES and of course valuable information can you get from it?

#7 ·
I went to it 2 years ago and was very impressed. It was very hot and I am thinking that October should be nicer.

You can see, touch and play with all the toys. For obvious safety reasons, no one was cutting grass so quality of cut is the only thing you won't be able to see.
I was a little frightened because at times it was like a lawn mower expressway in some of the areas with people flying around within inches of each other.

Sorry to drift. As stated, if you are looking to buy then that is the starting point. All of the major players are there in impressive form. The freebies kept my kids involved quite nicely. Pens, stickers, hats and goofy little toys.

Met Lawnsite faces at the Turf booth and they gave us Tee shirts too.

I'd say give it a try, if nothin else its a vacation.

#10 ·
Do you pay to get into the shows? My big gripe with some of these shows is having to pay an entrance or ticket fee. I would think that the companies displaying at these shows would want as many people as possible to attend. I see no need to pay to demo equipment. I don't go to alot of shows, so I may be wrong about admission fees. Due to a break in our work schedule, I am probably going to the Connecticut Grounds Keepers show next week with one of my guys, partly because I just got a notice in the mail that the show is free admission.

I could be wrong about these shows, because I may be mixing them up with all the "business expos" where you have to pay to have "consultants" talk at you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.