Is there a mower on the planet that will cut THIS?? (see attached photo)

jonniesmooth

LawnSite Senior Member
That is an interesting setup. One concern that comes to mind is what keeps the bolt heads from wearing off? I realize it may not happen that quick and would think you would notice it before it got too bad and replace them.
All blades are bolted on. The heads get damaged most often from removing them to change blades. Not from wear caused by use.
Why would these be any different?

Madness

LawnSite Member
All blades are bolted on. The heads get damaged most often from removing them to change blades. Not from wear caused by use.
Why would these be any different?

I may be wrong and way off on this. But I was thinking since the bolts on these are not in center, they would wear out quicker vs the bolt in the center.

Reason I think this is because on a haybine or discbine, older ones used to have nuts and bolts that held the blade on. But they went to a clip design because the bolts would wear out to the point where you couldn't get a wrench on them. I realize these are 2 different machines and much more volume going through a haybine.

jonniesmooth

LawnSite Senior Member
I may be wrong and way off on this. But I was thinking since the bolts on these are not in center, they would wear out quicker vs the bolt in the center.

Reason I think this is because on a haybine or discbine, older ones used to have nuts and bolts that held the blade on. But they went to a clip design because the bolts would wear out to the point where you couldn't get a wrench on them. I realize these are 2 different machines and much more volume going through a haybine.
I was only hired help as a kid throwing bales. I know the haying process, but nothing about maintaining any of the equipment.
I haven't put enough hours on the meg-mo to see any wear.

Top Forums