Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I need a edger. I would like to go electric and then maybe swap out my Echo srm-225 for a line trimmer that uses the same battery as the edger. Maybe even replace my 21" Honda self propelled push mower if it's possible. I do see Milwaukee and I'm slightly a fanboy but I have no idea about their lawn stuff. I see their attachment trimmer/edger combo M18 system. I've got a couple M12 tools. Supposedly very good customer service.

My co-worker has a GreenWorks line trimmer and says it's pretty good. However I'm not really sure what voltage his is and there is apparently 0 parts support for the brand. They have several line trimmers in the same voltage for whatever reason. I also don't understand where they have 4 different voltage lines. They have a 25" self propelled push that "sounds nice". Then there is Ego... Similar? Toro's 60v line seems kinda new, but have no idea there as well.

Thanks,
Higgins909
I’ve had multiple GREENWORKS tools and love them. Here is the key you buy the 5 V battery for like $200. Might seem much at first but that thing last through everything. I can edge my driveway and then use my blower and still have plenty of power left with the blower to blow off my mower and Street and everything else. that’s what I would recommend getting. Keep the batteries inside your house not in your garage keep them inside the climate controlled house and they will last a long time. Don’t mess around the 2 V or 2 1/2 as they don’t last worth a flip; spend the money on the bigger battery ahead of time and enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
There's a whole other aspect of cordless that factors into commercial usage - durability.

I can't speak for what's on the market now, but while I love my DeWalt trimmer, etc, they would never withstand the abuse of those guys who think they should be paid $30/hr while trashing all your gear because "who cares - not mine".

If you have employees, "Run time" is the least of your worries.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's a whole other aspect of cordless that factors into commercial usage - durability.

I can't speak for what's on the market now, but while I love my DeWalt trimmer, etc, they would never withstand the abuse of those guys who think they should be paid $30/hr while trashing all your gear because "who cares - not mine".

If you have employees, "Run time" is the least of your worries.
Yep, no one cares about your equipment except you, that's why I'll stay solo when possible

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
Even when I've tossed the idea around about buying one more battery op tool my memory of how even my seasoned guys treat my gas chainsaw (always run it dry of oil... Always), toss $400 has trimmers into the back of the cage like they are junk... Those batteries that cost as much as the unit just make me stop.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts