is there a way to get "certified organic"???

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by johnnywill08, Jun 10, 2007.

1. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

i live in ma and while i know what i'm doing on my own lawn privately... i'm looking for some cert. program that'll tell customers i've taken the time to learn and become a pro.... do organic cert. programs exist for lawn treatment guys or just food producers?

2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Not much out there as of yet. Check this out:

http://www.gaiacollege.ca/public/programs/online_certificates/turf/index.php

You can look at your local NOFA chapter too.

3. johnnywill08

from MA z6

have you taken that program??? i wouldn't want to shell out 1500 bucks for something i'm not sure of

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't. It looks like a grand of it is someone looking over your homework. I haven't received any other info via snail mail yet.

5. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

6. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

check this website out. I think it would be close to you. I have been toying with the idea of taking the classes. www.organiclandcare.net
    Mike

7. johnnywill08

from MA z6

thansk guys

8. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I've taken the NOFA classes. TONS of information but I'm glad I took the classes

9. johnnywill08

from MA z6

tons of info is a good thing right? you mean a lot to digest or a lot of extarneous, useless stuff?

10. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

It is a lot of useful informaiton to digest. Their course which they offer in the winter which is the one where you can get accreddited covers more than lawns. Some of it went over my head but looking back it was good info. They are also offering a "lawn" course in MA this August. It all about lawns in that one.