1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Is there another way to get your Pesticide license?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by syzer, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. syzer

    syzer LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,272

    Looking into getting this license to further our new companies growth, and it seems here in MD you need at least one year of employment under someone with their license, or a degree in biology. Is there another way? I was hoping to be able to take some college courses or something to receive the knowledge to get the license, but I cant find anything about this.

    Any help is much appreciated!

  2. FINN

    FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.
    Messages: 280

    Did you contact your Extension Agency? I would imagine they would be able to tell you how to obtain certification for your situation. Maybe someone from MD could help with this post. Garydale are you out there?
  3. Microbe

    Microbe LawnSite Member
    Messages: 172

    Yet a blind, old, retarted homeowner can go into home SLEEPO and mix a super strong concentrate of TRIMEC and accidentally knock the concentrate over down a sewer........ OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS....... and "we" need a "degree in biology," LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL........ I just think its kinda off balance, like most of the laws in this country.......
  4. Freddy_Kruger

    Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,064

    I agree with that even though I'm canadian. Same with the mailbox law, you can't put flyers in the mailbox... I never heard of such a thing. That's why you guys are so into door hangers I guess.

    I wonder if your fertilizer laws have anything to do with that building that was blown up by those waco texas supporters. They used fertilizer somehow to make a bomb.
  5. Fertboy

    Fertboy LawnSite Member
    Messages: 62


    The MDA is fairly strict with the licenses. The part about a degree is a joke. When I was a Combat Engineer in the Army(902nd) I took a class called Explosives Theory. I passed the class with flying colors, but there was no way in hell my 1st Lt was going to let me touch any ordnances until I have had in the field training. This should hold true with pesticides, the classroom only provides theory no hands on. I think your best bet is if you know anyone with a license, ask them to let you do some ride alongs, to get your feet wet.

  6. TWUllc

    TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 406

    Dundalk Community College. There are 3 courses you can take to count as your "experience" for the MDA Test. I am almost finished. Need any info, shoot me a PM.

Share This Page