Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on quite a few positive comments on gator magnum line here, I had my Agway dealer order me a small spool. This is the worst stuff I have ever used...had to tap it about twice as much as normal on all the properties today. And it DOES weld...right off the bat. Used to use Crossfire line and when I ran out I'd get a spool of Xtreme line from good ol WalMart...stuff actually lasted longer than anything I've used. I gotta believe there must be more than one "gator magnum line"??? THe stuff I bought is made be a company in Oregon. .095 round. What am I missing??

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Yup, I got a small spool of round (thankfully) and quickly bought the large spool of square, and it was like two different brands. Some people use round, personally, I see NO use for round in a commercial aspect. They say round is better for making a fine cut....I can see no difference at all in the cut, besides the fact that it takes twice as long to trim anything with round as it does with square. I also use Diamond Edge™, about 7 sides I think, which works great too, but does not last as long as gator square.

~Nest

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GEO...thats what I found with Wal Marts Xtreme line...seemed like it was like the Energizer Bunny...going and going...might be interesting to get some other opinions on this Harry Homeowner el cheapo stuff if anybody has tried it ....maybe we'll discover we don't have to buy the "professional" stuff ....I swear that Wal Mart stuff lasted twice as long as Crossfire...not that Crossfire is the best but alot of guys here use it...the less money I give my ungrateful dealer, the better...sooner give my money to WM, Lowes and even Home Creepo b4 giving it to this greedy sniffling, twit...grrrrr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.