• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Is there such a thing as a Blackberry that syncs with Outlook or Google calendar?

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
Basically I have a need for on the go scheduling that can also be accessed by more than one Blackberry. Need to avoid double booking. Is there such an option? Can Blackberry's do this? If so how do they talk to the mother ship?

Don't have a blackberry yet - won't get one unless I can justify it. :confused:

OP
Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
I dont know but I am going to keep monitoring this thread. Very Interested

Yes the 2 separate Blackberry type devices being able to sync schedule "on the go - via the data network" and check with command central would absolutely be stunning....! :clapping:

My marketing person schedules an aeration on the blackberry sends it to the network - just minutes prior I just scheduled another job and saved it to the mother ship --- marketing person sees a schedule conflict almost immediately when they try to save and confirm. This really is critical during the spring. Not a really big deal after the spring rush.

BearWise Landscapers

LawnSite Senior Member
This is not a very cost-effective solution, but it is the way we sync our BlackBerry phones with the computers at our office:

We purchased a server and installed the BlackBerrry Small Business Enterprise Software on the server. It automatically syncs all of the BlackBerry phones in our office with that person's Outlook calendar, email, contacts, notes, tasks, and other things. After having it for the past few years, I cannot go back to a phone that does not have that instant sync. I highly recommend it, but it will set you back around 3,000 dollars, so will only be worth it if your business has a few devices. I also think there is an edition of the server available through AT&T that will sync your device instantly with your calendar, but I don't know much about it.

Big C

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use Google Calenders to sync my iPhone, I can sync my contacts as well as my appts, while I was setting it up I did see where the same features were available for Blackberry as well.....best part is it syncs wirelessly and is FREE!!

OP
Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
I use Google Calenders to sync my iPhone, I can sync my contacts as well as my appts, while I was setting it up I did see where the same features were available for Blackberry as well.....best part is it syncs wirelessly and is FREE!!
So is it possible for more than one iPhone to sync and talk to Google calendar wireless roaming on the network?

OP
Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
I think the service through AT&T is called 'Hosted BlackBerry Services'. Check out that link for some more infroamtion. I don't know how much it costs, but i think they have monthly fees.
I'll look into this. re: prior post I can not justify anywhere near $3k for a server etc. The ability to sync remotely with more than 1 wireless device is critical.