Is this a good deal??? TurfTracer Pics

jaylor1

LawnSite Member
I don`t no much about these machines but he tells me its a 2005 with new tires all around. He mentioned something about plenty of paint still underneath the deck. It was used as a back up mower last season. It includes a aftermarket bagger that he says is in "not so good shape" and a used sulky.(neither are Exmark brand) I will be using it for my property only(under an acre) and a few relatives homes in the area so I`ll only be using it a couple hours a week.

Here is his ad

"For sale is a Exmark Turf Tracer with the 48" Trivantage and 17hp Kawasaki motor. Mower comes with a sulky and side-along bagger. I also installed an aftermarket hour meter from Tinytach to make machine maintenance easier to keep track of. Because this machine did not come with a factory hour meter I don't know the exact running hours, but I only used this mower for 2 seasons so I estimate them to be between 500-600 hrs. I'm asking $3500"

I got him down to 2500.00(hes stuck on that number, I first offered him 2200.00) which I still feel is a little high looking at info on this site. What do you guys think? Should I be asking him anything else?

Thanks for your input

Exmark1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

justanotherlawnguy

LawnSite Bronze Member
thats a good deal and a heck of a mower, Buy it for $2500 and go make some money with it.

Read the post on another thread about the guy who just paid like $6200 for a new 36.

I can get that same mower with almost the exact hours for 2100 and I thought that was outstanding price. Still at 2500 its a great deal. I am still debating on buying 2 tracers a 48 and a 60 for 4900 from a dealer here.

FastMan

LawnSite Senior Member
"New tires all the way around".

I'm betting that means more than 500-600 hours. Thoughts, folks?

OP
J

jaylor1

LawnSite Member
The guy told me he thought it was a 2005,but after my LC buddy saw the pictures he said right away that the engine is not a 2005 engine. Anyone care to add there thought on this ?

MJS

LawnSite Bronze Member
That is a good deal - looks like the Kaw 17 or 19 horse, hoses look clean, heck - everything looks clean. Even if it does have 500-600 hours, those Exmarks can make it over 1000 easy.

CircleC

LawnSite Senior Member
If you dont buy it give me his number and I will see if he will ship it to me....$2500 is a good price. I think they are atleast 7G new. Especially if you are only using for a few hrs a week. Send me his number! I will steal it from him for $2500

Top Forums