• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

is this a good deal?

PLI1

LawnSite Senior Member
I think this is a fair price. However, I would spend the extra $ and get an Exmark. I own both and I feel the Bobcat is a giant boatanchor in comparison. The Exmark handles and cuts better. I now use the Bobcat as a backup. When it was used regularly, the guys would fight over the Exmarks. Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents.

OP
L

lawnwizards

LawnSite Silver Member
shoot metro-hp-48,
i really don't know. i just looked at it today. i will demo it before i buy it and i'll check to see if it really gets through gates. i'm still pretty green when it comes to walk behinds.

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
Sure it won't get through a 36". As far as my limited knowledge goes, the only mower I know of that will "flip up" from 52" to 36" is a Great Dane (forget the model name this min.) Never really sure how they worked in the real world. Most gates are 48", but is always good to have a 36" mower in those situations. (or atleast a good 21" mower) if it's your first WB (not to assume it is)
a 36" is a good starter mower. Part of a winning combo.
Good luck with whatever you choose ;-) !

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
(Just noticed you mentioned it would be your first wb. my bad)
Did a search and that Great Dane model is called the "Gateway", I believe. Saw one at my dealer, but know nothing about them.