is this a good price for an aerator?

inzane

LawnSite Silver Member
2008 Bluebird H530A Aerator its 19inches wide, honda engine, new tines. the guy is gonna take 900 bucks. i've owned an older bluebird before, an 80's model, the thing was a damn tank. these things seem hard to find used, unless i get one for 1500 on ebay! so thinking about going check it out and possibly picking it up today.. attatched a pic.

5G85F95U23Jf3N63H6c3j26dfbaed45051fa9.jpg

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
I rented one last year for a shoot out with my Lawn Solutions 21 on my own lawn. It failed badly. :hammerhead:

Lawn Soutions won that round.

Plugr 850 smoked them both.

Gilmore.Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
19 is great for small residencials. I have a husquarvarna one, same thing just orange, and it does a pretty decent job. If that's an actual picture it looks in great shape, 900 is a steal. around here they easily go for 1500 - 2000

OP
inzane

inzane

LawnSite Silver Member
i bought it, they are hard to come by around here used. i'm sure there are better options. i ran an older model (14inch) for around 2 or 3 seasons and this seems much bigger to me. i got an old snapper with a hitch aerator if i had some big yard to aerate. might be ghetto but it whatever does the job.. :) needing this for smaller residentials. the guy also has a sweet 5x10 trailer with wood floor for 600 bucks which i think is a steal..so may be jumping on that next week as well. i can't find one of those for under 800.

GALAWN

LawnSite Member
It's a good price but a horrible product. I used to use a brand new Husq that was the wider version and it was a nightmare. No drum, horrible handles that were to high. The little wheel in the front is just ridiculous. I have hills in ATL and the thin machines absolutely do not work.