Lawn Care Forum banner

Is this a late spring around the world?

5K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  TitanLC 
#1 ·
On Global News they've been complaining about how cold it is in Germany. Some guy in Moscow says "It feels more like the 55th day of February instead of the 25th of March".

This global warming stuff means more extreme weather, not that it's just going to be a little warmer. I can't wait to see what next summer's going to be like.:dizzy:

#27 ·
i agree with that part. from now on only people getting materials credit are ones i know pay on time.

but to get that credit and then spend it on other stuff? that is asking for trouble. now you owe the credit card or your supplier, but you have already spent the money.

#28 ·
But you've priced things so that you've made a profit, right...marked up the materials and made a profit on the labor? Essentially all you've done is better your cash flow situation, assuming it's just a short-term cash flow crunch. It's not something I'd recommend if you don't expect to be able to pay your vendor or credit card company on time.

#30 ·
what i do with materials, i just charge an extra 20%, and that usually covers my fuel and time spent getting the materials. if the materials cost $500, i get $100. but if the cost of the materials at 20% is less than $30, I charge $30. It usually covers fuel and time and the estimate (which is "free" but the charge gets worked in there if i get the job)

#34 ·
Yea, it's been an odd year. We really didn't have much of a winter down here this year, but we keep getting these late nagging windy cold fronts that last a half week and go away. Just warmed up again today - hope that was the last one.

They aren't really delaying work, but I despise cold weather - especially with wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.