1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this advertising?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by paul vroom, Mar 21, 2008.

1. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Hi guys, I was pricing a job yesterday and the potential client for some reason suggested I advertise on craigs list. Has anyone done this? I have looked for things on it but never for a service provider. I wonder if anyone has gotten any calls from it?
    Thanks for your time guys and have a great weekend.

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have done it and haven't gotten any work from it. BUT....it will put your name high up on the search engines. It can't hurt to put up a free ad, although most on here say that mainly scrubs post on craigslist.

3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Im a scrub!

4. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Im a scrub too then. cause i posted on craigslist last week and got a big job from it. So who's the scrub now??

5. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I am surprised but I will look into it. To be honest I kind of had the impression that it was a scrubs thing. Maybe I have to start looking in the right sections:dancing:

6. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

Guys have asked me why I advertise on craigslist and its this simple: I get good accounts every year from the site and its free. I just signed up a $6,000 pre paid account from craigslist. I would go for it if I were you. Good luck!

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey imon there, free ads cant hurt, even if you get nothing out of it, it didnt cost you anything.

8. jbpo

jbpo LawnSite Member

Do it!! I get more calls from craigslist than my yellow page ad. Go figure and it's FREE. You will get some price shoppers but I have also landed some good annual contract accounts from it.

9. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Scrubby dub

10. WrightWay05

WrightWay05 LawnSite Member

i just listed on craigslist as well the other day i have gotten some potentials for a lady and her neighbors im going to bid them on monday