Is this Doveweed?

Smokindog

LawnSite Senior Member
I believe this is Doveweed in my Bermuda where I killed off some other unwanted grasses. I've already put down my Fall prodiamine treatment.

I've got some Atrazine on hand and it's one of a few things I can find for this "pest".

That said, we're only weeks away from heading to dormancy and given it's an annual (provided I've ID'd it correctly), am I just as safe to leave it go to die and let the pre-season prodiamine prevent its return next Spring?

20191001_131729.jpg

Burnie

LawnSite Senior Member
Looks like Doveweed to me.

let the pre-season prodiamine prevent its return next Spring?
Good luck with that. I have not found anything reliable to kill it or prevent it. Dies every fall, comes back every summer.

takervader

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes that looks like it to me.

This is why I use Specticle in late May, it does help with it. The weed germinates at very warm soil temps, after crab and after the bermuda has come in strong, and usually your spring pre has worn off.

I have had some control with Revolver + MSM + Dismiss as a spot spray.

OP
Smokindog

Smokindog

LawnSite Senior Member
Maybe I'll try a little glyphosate painting tomorrow :)

It's already laughed off 2-4-D, Sulfentrizone, and Negate37 ;)

1337david

LawnSite Member
Celsius is labeled for it with a possible retreat needed.

Tribute total (Celsius + revolver + prosedge)is labeled for it with a retreat window as well. So that tells me sedge sulfuron products and revolver don't aid in the kill, or aid enough to make it worth mixing them in so I would try 2 apps of celsius

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes. Sulfentrazone is key in my option. But you need multiple products. Look into blindside.

it’s tough due to late emergence but specticle or tower are about only pre out there

Mr.Roberts

LawnSite Member
Definitely is doveweed. Cost effective approach is to mix 1/2 oz msm per acre mixed with 6 oz vanquish per acre. Loves water.
Many products work on it, but it’ll need repeat applications. Two should knock it out. It’ll frost out. Try a late pre emergent in May, after your February pre emergent. No more than two watering per week.