1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this fair?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cessnasovereign, Jun 26, 2006.

1. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

So, I did a service on a large complex, it was about $400 for the mowing. I showed them the contract which included the usual, annual hedge trimmings among other things, anyway they requested the hedge trimming be done wit the first mowing, so I said OK no problem and brought along an extra guy to do the hedges.

Well, I decided not to offer them a contract, so I told them I'd just invoice them for the initial service. I charged them $400 for the mowing plus $200 for the hedges (TONS OF HEDGES!), well they at first refused to pay everything, not they agreed to pay the $400 for mowing but not the hedges. They say any reputable company will not have hidden charges and I told them this is not a hidden charge and that they do NOT have a contract so they are being billed as a one time service for the mowing - $400 and hedge trimming - $200, so I explained it took an additional guy almost 8 hours to trim the hedges which cost me and that the "money" per say would be made during the winter months when we're not cutting, which is how I can offer the hedge trimming free of charge with a contract. Anyway, that's basically how I explained it.

So, opinions?

Also, if I pursue this from olddebts.com would I even have a chance of them paying? I know it works good for residentials but will it for commercial?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

3. cessnasovereign

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Frankly i think your screwing yourself :rolleyes:

All Clear

5. cessnasovereign

What do you mean?