1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this good walkbehind price?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by chariot, Feb 12, 2003.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

How does this sound? 54" 17HP walkbehind with about 20 hours on it, around $3,000. This is demo unit with full warranty. I was waiting to look at the new super walkbehind but I may have to go ahead with this one, seems like a good price to me.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats a great deal !!!
    I would be in the store right now putting a deposit on it !!!
    Let us kow what you end up doing.

Later
    Pj

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, get outa my way..... I want that mower:D
    That's a terrific price...... Twenty hours is not even "demo time".
    Pete

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

A dealer I talked to hear has a 2 or 3 year old 48" with the 17 hp pull start with about 40hrs. I think the last price he gave me was $3900. But that was a couple months ago.

I still haven't gotten to drive or demo it though and I am not ready to buy YET.

Is $3900 to much ? I was thinking closer to $3400.

5. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I just got home with it. 54" 17HP, 5.9 "demo" hours, $3100. Looks brand new. Can't wait till the grass starts growing. Just so those of you that are looking know, I found this mower on the Hustler website in the classified section. What do you all think?

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, $3,900 is high to me. My dealer will sell me a new 17/48 (standard model) for $4,300............