Is this high, low or fair price?

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
Lady contacted me to clean up 3 flowerbeds. One she wants all the grass, old mulch and lava rock removed, Halled away. Then new fabric, new mulch and pre-emergent place down (4x24 size 12-14 bags)

Then the other two beds clean up down to the mulch and remove as much grass as can be without taking mulch up. Trim the few bushes there also then trim and clean up around two separate bushes. I quoted $711 for all to include products.

E234D862-7864-4648-916D-4AB4DF22EB7E.jpeg

5D01D00F-32CA-46E9-A89E-24747F9CED77.jpeg

B4CB95DF-BAE3-4ACD-9A2F-F3E83EF216F7.jpeg

97855DB4-CBB3-4786-8DF0-FC32AE7E75A4.jpeg

89ACB1E6-B020-4B56-96B1-33D4E73970EA.jpeg

7937A39C-F57D-4B7D-AFBE-6F4EDCD3001B.jpeg

DA801130-C79D-439B-B16D-A2757A4719B6.jpeg

98F4A2AC-2AB8-4750-BC00-D3A5797EA3FB.jpeg

7C175366-042A-46AD-9E68-359A34E93AFB.jpeg

1717A42B-AAB3-4D85-B1DA-AA0E95A9FAFF.jpeg

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
Not sure about your price but here’s what got, take it for what’s its worth:
Removing rock sucks!
Removing mulch isn’t too bad.
Landscape
Fabric for mulch is a gimmick.
Buy your product in bulk and save.

Edit: if the lava rock is mixed in with weeds and grass, it’ll be a downright pain an the ass to remove, also you can knock weeds down with a trimmer and hit with a post emergent and be effective

OP
Elite Lawn Pros

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
Not sure about your price but here’s what got, take it for what’s its worth:
Removing rock sucks!
Removing mulch isn’t too bad.
Landscape
Fabric for mulch is a gimmick.
Buy your product in bulk and save.

Bulk I would if it was a yard or more but it’s just shy of it so bags are cheaper. 52.50 for the bags and 40 for a bulk yard. I figured it at 6 hours of work plus supply’s

OP
Elite Lawn Pros

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
Does your price cover your cost and provide a profit your happy with?

If you answer yes then you bid is fine.
It does lol I’m just getting into the landscaping side so I was just curious.

Around 540 profit after supply cost. By myself but I figured I’d fine someone to help and pay $125 and complete in 3 hours. So 415 gross profit

OP
Elite Lawn Pros

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
What kind of grass in the beds? If Bermuda, etc. pulling is pointless as it will come up again and if not through the weed fabric, around the edges.

It is going to be a job!!

It’s a mix of Bermuda and just weeds. It’s definitely going to be a job that’s why I quoted that. Getting the rock up will suck! Would you place something else down to kill the weeds out and not harm the rosebushes?

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
It’s a mix of Bermuda and just weeds. It’s definitely going to be a job that’s why I quoted that. Getting the rock up will suck! Would you place something else down to kill the weeds out and not harm the rosebushes?
Bermuda can be sprayed with Roundup or similar but it is unlikely you will get a complete kill with one application. It would be good to inform the client that the Bermuda will return to the beds in the spring , if not this fall. Otherwise, they might blame you for doing a "poor" job.

One other item, a license is required to use pesticides/herbicides commercially.

OP
Elite Lawn Pros

Elite Lawn Pros

LawnSite Member
Bermuda can be sprayed with Roundup or similar but it is unlikely you will get a complete kill with one application. It would be good to inform the client that the Bermuda will return to the beds in the spring , if not this fall. Otherwise, they might blame you for doing a "poor" job.

One other item, a license is required to use pesticides/herbicides commercially.

Well I don’t want to harm her rosebushes either. I did tell her they will need Maintenance because it will come back so she needs to keep them up this time