Is this low balling? $25 per cut for this 10,000+ sqft lawn?

OP
J

JawT

LawnSite Member
Depends on your area. Around here $25 would be the going price on that open easy lawn. An acre goes for $50 here with each additional acre an extra $30ish dollars per acre. 99% of the guys here are all illegals............ You can't turn a neighborhood corner without running into a truck full of illegals. We even know some of them after all these years.

With the boarder being flooded and the current fraudulent administration you can expect your areas to start going down hill in due time. It's inevitable.
I’m with @nclawnsrus on this. I appreciate where you’re coming from regarding low ball competitors. Maybe door to door marketing and branding the service as having fluent English speakers would help. A lot of customers want to ask questions, and they get frustrated when their mowing guys can’t speak fluently. I don’t think it’s really about politics, and it seems like that election fraud lie belongs in the “politics” section of the site.

Yeah the $33 was for another home nearby, different HOA, about a 6-7k sqft lot. I think for this 10-12k in the pic I was at like $42.
Not bad. I just convinced a lawnstarter customer to have me start mowing without the app. Her lawn is about 8-10k square feet on a corner lot and takes me slightly over an hour with a Honda HRN216. My price is $40, much better than the $28 (smh) I was getting through lawnstarter.

Depends on your area. Around here $25 would be the going price on that open easy lawn. An acre goes for $50 here with each additional acre an extra $30ish dollars per acre. 99% of the guys here are all illegals............ You can't turn a neighborhood corner without running into a truck full of illegals. We even know some of them after all these years.

With the boarder being flooded and the current fraudulent administration you can expect your areas to start going down hill in due time. It's inevitable.
99% illegals? I guess I'm not surprised, since I clicked on your avatar and saw you're from Maryland, which has Washington DC, the ultimate government "utopia".

Youngandfree

LawnSite Gold Member
Not bad. I just convinced a lawnstarter customer to have me start mowing without the app. Her lawn is about 8-10k square feet on a corner lot and takes me slightly over an hour with a Honda HRN216. My price is $40, much better than the $28 (smh) I was getting through lawnstarter.
How are you making any money doing that for $40 and taking over an hour?

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I dominated the lowballer today. Got a call from a Nextdoor post as I do one every two weeks or so. I change it slightly as the year progresses, this week was about there being enough time for lawn care providers to become lacking in punctuality and detail from the initial spring hiring. I walked the yard and quoted $60 as he wanted biweekly like most around here and he accepted. After we closed the deal he said the last company charged $45 a month, I told him that was absolutely amazing, yet here we are walking your property lol. I just owned the quote as I’ve learned to do and would have walked. Keep in mind that I have plenty of room to take on new accounts but $22 a cut, please... :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

OP
J

JawT

LawnSite Member
Well, it does impact nearly every aspect of your life and business.
If it really does, then it would all fit perfectly in the politics section. But from what I've seen so far, that section is just a home for judgmental opinions, rumors, all kinds of discrimination and racism, and lies. It is "unburdened by the reasoning process," as the guys on Car Talk used to say. With a lot of users on here, as soon as someone vaguely mentions taxes or laws, the discussion goes straight downhill, and fast.

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
If it really does, then it would all fit perfectly in the politics section. But from what I've seen so far, that section is just a home for judgmental opinions, rumors, all kinds of discrimination and racism, and lies. It is "unburdened by the reasoning process," as the guys on Car Talk used to say. With a lot of users on here, as soon as someone vaguely mentions taxes or laws, the discussion goes straight downhill, and fast.
Don’t forget gas prices and electric equipment lol.