Lawn Care Forum banner

Is this normal for a new briggs engine

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  xoffers 
#1 ·
Just bought a husqvarna yth2av48ls lawn tractor with a briggs endurance v-twin engine.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowner/products/garden-tractors/yth24v48ls/

When I start it cold with choke on it takes about 10-15 sec. to fire up, problem is when engine is warm it will not restart with throttle anywhere between low to high area but it did at first, need to put it in choke area when it's warm then it starts. it will almost start in normal throttle area but catches and sputters a bit. Only 5 hours on the mower and this just started happening last 2 hours. Mower is going back to be looked at, just wanted to educate myself better before they tell me its fine.

Thanks!

#9 ·
getting mine checked out, makes no sense, every power tool or mower I own starts with the use of a choke then once warmed up will start without. Don't mind using the choke but it's the sputtering while trying to start when choke is off that concerns me. otherwise when on in runs perfect?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.