• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

is this price correct for a used lazer

mexiking

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi, Somoene is offering me a 2001 lazer hp 23 horse power
with 250 hours on it. Has mulching kit and the bagging system. Hes asking $ 5,000 for it. Is this too much, is it good?
He is also selling a 2003 36" stander and wnats $3,700. Too much?

ill appreciate any help thanks guys
GS Landscape & Design

mastercare

LawnSite Senior Member
A couple years back, I bought a used lazer.....$4900. It had a few more hours than yours.

I used it for 3 years, and got rid of it....(for newer stuff) for $4500. They hold their value, and still ran great when I got rid of it. Where else can you use commercial equipment like that at a price of $133 per year?

Sounds good if its taken care of

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
For an HP, this sounds a little high..... Find out what the original price was on it, and as I was told by our Exmark dealer (very reputable), that depending on what kind of shape it's in, you can usually figure between 5 and 10 dollars per hour on it for depreciation.

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
Actually with the vac and mulch kit that is a pretty fair price. That mower was around $6800 new, $150 for the mulch kit and about $1300 for the vac. That low hours its a fair price.