Lawn Care Forum banner

Is this truck worth it??

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JtC88 
#1 ·
#3 ·
WAY over priced IMO. If it wasn't wreaked then it would be a good deal. I wouldn't pay more than 10K for that, it's going to need a lot of body work, door replaced etc. I guarantee if you took that truck to a dealership to trade in they wouldn't give you more than a couple of thousand for it and would give you every excuse as to why.

#4 ·
WAY over priced IMO. If it wasn't wreaked then it would be a good deal. I wouldn't pay more than 10K for that, it's going to need a lot of body work, door replaced etc. I guarantee if you took that truck to a dealership to trade in they wouldn't give you more than a couple of thousand for it and would give you every excuse as to why.
well it's about $15,000 dollars undervalued so I don't know if i would say it's over priced. I'm just wondering if a side collision impact like that would really mess with the mechanics of the car in the future. If the repair costs were only a few thousand then I would probably go for it

#6 ·
The fact that they are selling it as-is means that it will cost more to fix the truck than what it is worth. That's why it has a salvage title. That truck is worth only what you can part it out for. That doesn't mean that someone who can do the work themselves can't make money on the truck, but because the title is branded the truck will always be worth much less than comparable trucks with non-branded titles.

#8 ·
There is no way that truck would have a salvage title with just the visible damage that are in the photos...There is more than meets the eye on the history of that truck. Side impacts are very acceptible to frame and body alignment issues that can not be seen with the naked eye. I would stay away if you can not see it in person or have a reputable body tech inspect it first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.