• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Is this unheard of?????????

The Curious Porpoise

LawnSite Member
is it unheard of to ask customers to sign a contract for leaf removal?? Leaf clean-up in my town is a giant mess, and i know i can make some serious cash hitting up my neighborhood. i live in the type of town that u need to do raking at least a few times throughout the fall season, because waiting until the last leaf pickup date (my town has 2 or 3 leaf collection dates) isn't really possible... all that to say, my idea was to create a contract stating that 4 (is this a good number??) evenly spaced leaf cleanups would be performed up and into december (so that by this time the bulk of the leaves have already fallen)... thoughts? previous experiences?

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
i asked in a previous post what part of jersey u r from. i will offer no advice till i get an answer

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
bobbygedd said:
i asked in a previous post what part of jersey u r from. i will offer no advice till i get an answer

Oh come on Bob, Everybody is holding their breath waiting for your advise.

grasswhacker

LawnSite Gold Member
bobbygedd said:
I guess he doesn't want it that bad. :laugh:

DGM

LawnSite Member
Yes good idea if you can sell it and they will buy it then do it! Having a contract is good for a few reasons. For one you will know how much work you are adding to your schedule and what your gross is looking like for the season.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Well, I don't think you have to worry about a "competition" thing too much. It's not like you can do all the mowing and clean-ups in Jersey. Anyway, a swervice agreement is not a bad idea. Atleast this way, you have ammo to be able to collect your money.

Howard Roark

LawnSite Senior Member
bobbygedd said:
There is a curiosity about the "Curious Porpoise".

OP
T

The Curious Porpoise

LawnSite Member
bobbygedd, what county do u live/service in... lol, don't wanna show all my cards at once...

but back to the real reason for this post... has anyone ever used contracts for leaf cleanup? what type of things are specified in these contracts and how do u space out your services?