1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Is your business being impacted by the coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by 1idejim, Mar 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Word in MN is that our Ag Commish and NALP has leaned on Walz enough that we should be freed up to work soon. Fingers crossed.

3. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oregon

Our country is built on far greater values than we are currently experiencing. If we were afraid of every sickness that came around, would we have fought during the American Revolution to gain our independence from Britain? Would we have gone to war in WWI knowing our troops would be decimated by not only bullets but the diseases that ravished our men?
    WWII (19-28 million dead from war related disease and or famine), did we shrink away because the Jap planes were too dangerous and the illness of war wasn't worth the fight???

We fought long hard wars for this stuff--our forefathers gave up their lives to live the American Way.

And now we so willingly give up our freedoms to assemble for worship, for political rallies, for family, just for fun???? STAY AT HOME---or die....

What the hell happened is all I can say. Wear your masks America proudly, lets hide ourselves from the proud reality that we no longer remember the dreams of our forefathers and the women that made them men....

4. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oregon

Raise of hands. Who wants to go back to church in the next 12 months? Who wants their kids to go back to school or university within the next year? Who wants to go to the bars, the pizza places, the yoga studios, the state parks, fishing, hunting, wherever it is that is being held back at this point.

I can still go into Costco and open carry with 8 rounds in my 45 and take 8 people to the morgue. Would I do that? No, I don't even own a 45. But the point being, if we are going to outlaw the first amendment, we might as well go with the second, because it is just as dangerous and probably more likely to be fatal than Covid 19...

Tara Ann, 1idejim, Chilehead and 2 others like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I don’t own one but if you buy that .45, I’ve plenty of ammo for one. It’s kind of my personal 401k type of thing.

Lavoy went to Oregon only to be cut down for exercising his first and second amendment rights.

6. hedgehog_MI

hedgehog_MI LawnSite Senior Member

Unintended consequences. Prepare thyself. Things do not always go the direction we think they will.

7. OP
    OP
    1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely!

Adaptability is the key element for survival of any species. I’m having very minor issues with self quarantining while managing to get things accomplished.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

"plenty"???

Is there ever such a thing as "plenty" of ammo or "plenty" of firearms?

PS Just ordered another 200 rounds for my .45s. Yes, it's plural.

9. OP
    OP
    1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I didn’t say I had enough, just more than most people that don’t own a .45 :)

Bragging about firearms is still bragging Mark. You only have two hands, the rest are spares. I only have two legs but I have lots of pants, only have two hands but I’ve got a bunch of gloves, only got one eye but.... ok, you win :laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.