1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Is your business being impacted by the coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by 1idejim, Mar 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta link?

I'd like to pass that info along.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

3. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Yea and while we strap down to try and "save the planet" from emissions, china is busy undoing that 2 or three times over.

Other countries CAN do it.
    We set off nuclear weapons on our own soil (way more than you think) - google it, you'll be amazed.

Doc8406, Mark Oomkes and Mark Stark like this.
  6. Optimal Irrigation Corp.

Optimal Irrigation Corp. LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I don't disagree. It can def. be done. It's just going to be a long, cold war like process. Nothing is impossible. Would have had a hard time believing you could bring the world to a stand still in a matter of days... but here we are.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

It’s not at a stand still
    It might be as far as you can see
    But somehow there’s still knuckleheads traveling to Asia
    There’s Americans reinfecting Koreans and Singapore!

I mean really?
    Who’s traveling to the land of uncooked bar soup right now?
    Clearly someone has different idea of what’s “critical” travel

But yea
    I would vote for more taxes
    Democrats for president
    You could even have my assault rifle, IF
    a full scale boycott of China was part of that deal. and by that I mean leveraging and leaning on our allies and trade partners to do the same.
    Nothing could please me more than turning that place into the next Eastern Africa

8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

What they do here is shut the homes water off and lock it. Was thrilled that the county I live in started enforcing heavily last year. About time!

9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

i really hope you take articles like that with a grain of salt. It does nothing but stoke conspiracy theories. Did they ever think that maybe the death toll is down in a 3 week period because the whole country is at home and not getting in car accidents, falling off roofs, or any other common cause of death outside the home? I am not saying that the numbers are wrong or that the decision to close the economy was the right one but spreading articles around like this one that don’t tell the whole story do nothing but cause division.

That site you linked is a known propagator of misinformation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateway_Pundit

10. hedgehog_MI

hedgehog_MI LawnSite Senior Member

I think the following statistic is more relevant to deaths in the U.S. Since you seem to be concerning the numbers in relation with the response to COVID-19 pandemic, the numbers for deaths from the flu and pneumonia hold more water than the total (aggregate) number of deaths. Let's look at those numbers from the table you reference. This from the link to the CDC numbers used in the article author is extrapolating from.
    Information for selected week and previous two weeks, national summary, all ages
    Week 10, 11, 12 number influenza deaths: 529, 491, 331
    Week 10, 11, 12 number pneumonia deaths: 3404,3203, 2930
    Week 10, 11, 12 Total deaths: 51978, 47655, 40002
    Those figures say to me the Stay-at-Home and Social Distancing, and other responses enacted to battle this pandemic are working as anticipated! This is wonderful news!
    Now if you really wanted some numbers to consider, a 4-year comparison of "Same Period Last Year" for "deaths from influenza and pneumonia" would be more relevant than total deaths (which include deaths from any source). I have no guesstimate what those numbers might be, but am looking forward to hearing them and then looking at them to see how the response to the COVID-19 pandemic has worked or not. Chop-chop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.