Is your customer coming back for the 2015 season???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Captain Mike, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Captain Mike

Captain Mike LawnSite Member

I have a core group of customers that have been with me for 15+ years. While servicing their lawns, I've picked up 25 others last year alone.

My question is , how do you know these people are coming back ??? Do I call them ?? I've had nothing but positive remarks about my work , tips on top of my final bill and even a basket of "joy" given to me for just doing what I love.

What do you do? I want to figure out who's in and who's out

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

We keep in touch send cards.
    Thanksgiving thanks for being a great customer.
    Christmas , happy holidays see you this spring.
    February, its been a cold few months but we are looking forward to getting back to work, see you in a few weeks.
    That way it is pretty clear you intend on starting where you left off.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Send a professional letter asking their intentions. If your brave offer a discount for a season pre pay.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I either ask them in fall if the don't do snow with us or I just wait till before spring and ask of send out contracts. In winter I sen out contracts on October. If they come back they want us. If I don't get it back I email or call them. If you do good work they will keep you.

5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

Put something like this on your invoices.

"For your convenience service programs automatically renew each year. Contact us if you would like to make a change."

6. Captain Mike

While the intention is clear by keeping in contact, you cant assume you automatically have the job for the season...right?

I guess a self addressed , stamped return mailer would work??

7. GKPM

GKPM LawnSite Member

Every year I send a letter to all of my previous year customers. I usually do this a 6 weeks before I start service. I state that I plan to start services on xx/xx/xx date depending on weather. etc. If there is any sort of price or service related change I address it at that time. If I have added or deleted any services offered I address it at that time. I usually have something that the customer fills out and sends back in so I can "update" cell phone #'s, e-mail addresses.... If they don't want your services any longer, they'll contact you.

Mine will be mailed this coming week.

@JFGLN, I like that.

8. Captain Mike

I like this.

9. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I also put on there when the mowing season begins and ends.

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nobody suggests add on services at this time?
    Posted via Mobile Device