1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is your site mobile-ready? Mobile Traffic

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tonygreek, Nov 1, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I just pulled mobile numbers for October 2013. Across a few dozen localized sites, the Oct over Oct mobile numbers are:

October 2012:
    19.9% of total traffic
    =================
    53% via phone
    47% via tablet​

October 2013:
    29.7% of total traffic
    =================
    48% via phone
    52% via tablet​

Best performing site, in terms of traffic and leads, is now at 31.8% mobile.

What does your traffic show you?

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

How do I find this data for my website?

3. tonygreek

In Google Analytics, you want to go to the left menu and drill-down via Audience/Mobile/Overview.

GA.png

4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I am 27% mobile devices in October- up about 10% over last year.

So- what sort of average length of visits are you seeing for landscape websites?

5. tonygreek

Okay, you managed to surprise me. Based on your location, I would have bet you were 2-5% higher.

Great question re: length of visit. I should probably write up something breaking out all lawn & landscape traffic. Across those sites, and several thousand uniques, YTD...

average visit: 2m 47s
    number of pages visited: 2.97
    bounce rate: 46%
    new visits: 78%​

Where I do see some variance is on sites that have a dedicated Contact page, those sites seem to be spiking the number of pages visited. If a site has an "easy" contact form, on each page, they are almost a half page view lower.

Best performing site, as referenced in the initial post, has a sidebar contact form on each page:

average visit: 2m 7s
    number of pages visited: 2.54 pages
    bounce rate: 50.86%
    new visits: 76.18%​

I could further segment out Lawn Care vs. Landscape, if interested. I'll probably do that in whatever I write.

6. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I would love to know stats for some of the bigger players in my market. I get most of my traffic from long tail search terms- which are more "research" oriented. Probably the kinds of search you are more likely to do on a PC?

My bounce rates are a little higher. The rest are similar. Google shows us very prominently for "Pond Supplies". We don't sell them, so I know my bounce rate is misleading.

Thanks for the info!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

analytics stats 11.13.jpg

Half of the mobile views are probably me and my builder looking for typos.

analytics stats 11.13.jpg