Issuing Portable Male Urinals to Employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

To keep unscheduled bathroom breaks to a minimum employees are encouraged to use discretion, taught to look for windows, cameras and the schooled in the art of peeing while standing behind a Walk.

This season I also issued plastic portable male urinals so in the most urban of settings it is possible to return to the truck, open front and rear doors curb-side and point and shoot without garnering attention.

zlandman and Cam15 like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

And please don’t post up you can uses plastic pop bottles. These things are designed for the sole purpose of relieving yourself. No splatter, easy and secure closures and convenient to hold.

3. bluetruck

bluetruck LawnSite Senior Member

although that is an idea depending on the area, we are never more than 2-3 miles (regularly less than a 1/2) from a gas station. much easier and safer to go to there on the way to another lawn.

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I've never had a problem finding a restroom. Not hard to go before it becomes an emergency.

TrainingWheels and Cam15 like this.
  5. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Well that's an extra 20 minute paid break right there.

There was a thread on this a few months back....what about the ladies???

oqueoque likes this.
  6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

It's one thing to pee in a jar if you want, but to expect your employees to do it is... I don't even know what word to use.

I guess it could be seen as "better than having them pee on the rose bush" though, if you have those kinds of employees.

I was working a job once and there were painters working at the house. One of them was going from his van to the house and stopped and just started to whiz in the flowerbed right up against the house - didn't even try to hide what he was doing.

I just keep a sports drink bottle handy - just in case.
    "Dual use" bottles! I'm Eco-friendly! :D

7. bluetruck

bluetruck LawnSite Senior Member

20 minutes to pee?! takes maybe 3-5 minutes total to stop at the gas station. there are many all over my city literally drive by a handful everyday on our route. i feel bad for your employees if you dont even offer a pee break, i find you will get better quality and production out of them if you give some breaks thru out the day. also it is offered to them to skip the breaks and get done for the day faster and many times they will take that offer. i have people working for me, not slaves.

TrainingWheels, hort101 and flybynite like this.
  8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I think some people commenting here don’t manage many employees
    Whenever confronting employees about production issues
    What always comes up is “well I had to go to the bathroom”

I go an entire day sometimes without going to the John, some of these guys are claiming upwards of three times per day!

Twenty minutes isn’t a far off guess
    You have to drive out of the way
    Stop at the stop light
    Take a left against traffic
    Can’t find anywhere in the gas station to park a truck and trailer
    Wait in line to ask attendant for key because it locked , and/or wait for some other d bag to stop free basing in there.
    Oh look I can buy a pop and a bagel!
    Wait in line again (usually behind someone who wants three quick picks and can’t decide what kind of cigarettes to buy...)
    Oh look baby momma just texted me ...

Twenty minutes is conservative

I catch people who claim three pee breaks a day
    They’re not going pee
    They’re just taking breaks

So what’s the discipline?
    See the OP

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Big ole empty metal food cans. Lysol Spray. There are no bathrooms close to many places I mow. I am drinking lots of water!!:laugh:

10. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Have found just issuing proper portable urinals has cut down on breaks. Guys more comfortable peeing in these things than alternatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.