1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu NPR dovetail ramp plans?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by kgb, Nov 10, 2019.

1. kgb

kgb LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Hey, just joint the site. Was wandering if someone has plans how to build ramp?

2. XC skier

XC skier LawnSite Member

Are you new to the industry or just LS? I assume that you have the truck already and that money is really tight. There are fabricators that do that kind of stuff. Unless you are really adept at welding then it is better and probably cheaper than doing it yourself. Besides you will likely have this truck for many years and spending money to get it done right will pay dividends.

I bought an NPR in '02 and used various setups for the first year until I located an entire dovetail unit in TN and had it shipped to a local company to weld it to my truck. In '08 and '09 I went to Macon, GA to get fully equipped trucks. The southern states, namely GA and FL are way ahead of us northerners in this department. You can also start looking for stickers on the dovetails of competitors trucks because they are more and more common in our area.

hort101 and Mdirrigation like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    kgb

kgb LawnSite Member
    from NJ

thank you. In business since 2000. have trailers, but had a good deal on 2006 14ft Isuzu. Was wandering if someone have Isuzu and can do some measuring. looking for 4ft beavertail ramp. Would greatly appreciate!!!!!!

hort101 likes this.
  4. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

5. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

hort101 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    kgb

kgb LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Box. about 44" off the ground. I saw that website, no measurements. Im building my own

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Super lawn trucks
    Google it

you can buy the whole ramp set up, they will ground ship it to you
    Then all you have to do is weld it on to your truck.

8. OP
    OP
    kgb

kgb LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I know. I have welder, parts about 700 vs 2300. All i need is , never mind i posted above. thanx

JLSLLC likes this.
  9. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Having both the super box truck ramps and a dovetail setup.... The dovetail sucks.

10. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I seem to get better results searching google and adding lawnsite.com to the end of search. There are lots of threads on it, just gotta find them. Good luck, and where in NJ are you?

zlandman and hort101 like this.