1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu NPR dump for sale

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by vntgrcr, Oct 11, 2005.

1. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

Hope I am not going against the rules with this, but I have bought a bigger dump truck and have reluctantly decided to sell my NPR. It is a 95,in very good shape. I just sandblasted the body and painted it. Has a backpack that you can put a lot of tools in, 4 cyl turbo diesel, 245K miles. On it's second motor. The previous owner changed the motor a couple of years ago. Don't have any history on the new motor.All 6 tires are at least 80%. It runs great I use it to haul my CAT 257 and Bobcat 331 excavator. I use it everyday and it can be put to work right away. I have had (illegaly) 4.5 tons in the dump body. The GVW is 14500lb. It ways about 8300lb. Again, the only reason I am selling is because my septic business has outgrown it. This will make someone a great rig. $6000 firm. Please email me for pictures or more info

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Hauling dirt pretty much over taxes any kind of truck thats lighter than a 5 ton single axle. If I was in mini excavating business I think I would buy a tandem with a lower side box so it can be loaded with mini's and bobcats.

A guy I went to highschool with went into the mini excavating business he has been working for excavation companies for years. He decided to venture out on his own and bought a 10,000lb mini and a single axle 5 ton dump. Now he wishes he never did buy the 5 ton its handy to have but he wishes he bought a tandem. In this area there is alot more work for a tandem its kinda proved to me not to buy a single axle 5 ton :cool:

Now I'am reconsidering why I bought a F-450 (15,000lb gvw) is it really worth trying to haul sand and gravel with a light truck.

Good Luck with the truck sale you should probably try advertise it on Truck Paper.com

3. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I pm'd you.....im interested in some phots...thankx