1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu NPR Fuel Mileage

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 123hotdog, Aug 28, 2012.

1. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll call today--been backed up with lots of other paperwork--

2. TX Easymoney

It has 179k miles on it with a 16ft box 2007 Diesel and a lift gate on the box--E-track within--
    $11,500 is what she told me was the lowest they would take for it-
    used it for rental--here in Austin

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the NPRs I see are Rent A Center off lease vehicles...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TX Easymoney

so what do you think of the NPRs?

I don't like buying a vehicle that has 179k on it, concerned about the problems I might have and realize that less miles means higher price-

5. cgaengineer

I love our NPR, drives very good and once it's in the turbo it has great power...and I wouldn't buy one with 179k on it either...diesel or gas, especially gas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TX Easymoney

just too many miles?

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

My dad worked for a Isuzu/Mack dealer. With good maint they go 400k regularly.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

my mitfuso dealer has one on the lot that needs a new engine. the old engine just gave out at 400k new engine is about $15k

9. cgaengineer

Cost more than the truck running with good engine!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have been to the IP truck place. As CGA said, These are lease returns from RAC. Supposed to have been maintained well as a part of the lease agreement. Trucks are de-branded. They take off the lift gate and put on a ramp. I think IPTruck got the hint because they now put on an exterior dove tail to lighten up the ramp weight.

Supreme Body makes a nice vanscape body. My understanding is they are about 5K and you need a 14" chasis minimum. I think you are just about going to need to go new to find the crew cab. That gets you up to about 55K

Might be able to work out a 5 year lease then buy it to keep the payments down. I would likely only put 100 to 115 K on one in 5 years so I would get a lot of use out of a new one.