• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Isuzu NPR HD Radio Replacement

burnthefurniture

LawnSite Member
The factory radio in our 05 Isuzu NPR HD died a while back and I'm looking to replace it.

I have removed the radio in the past and took a picture of the connector but has anyone on here replaced the stock radio with an aftermarket one, and if so, do you remember off hand which radio harness to get? I don't see anything for an isuzu npr on crutch field or similar sites.

I did read somewhere that a 94 passport or isuzu rodeo might be a match. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

kawasaki guy

LawnSite Fanatic
Migh have to do it using wire charts, and not use a harness...

However it sure does save a lot of time.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

burnthefurniture

LawnSite Member
Thanks everyone for the replies!

We got rained out today so I ended up having some time to play around. I did look on google and on crutchfield again and couldn't find a specific reference to that truck.

What I did do was to take the radio back out of the truck to the local best buy, and fortunately found someone who was willing to work with me. We looked through the different harness options and low and behold, we found one that was a match!

For future reference to anyone else who has this issue, the link is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-t...hite/2737435.p?id=1183160745924&skuId=2737435

It is for honda passport/some isuzu vehicles (most places only list light duty vehicles the rodeo, trooper, ascender, etc). This at least works with my 2005 model NPR-HD truck.

Anyway, with that in hand, I was able to install a new radio and speakers in no time.

Thanks again for the info, and hopefully this will help someone else in the future

Atlantic Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey Thanks for taking the time to post, we have a 05 Isuzu gasser dump and the radio just quit last month, if it does need to be replaced you just saved me a lot of time.... I owe ya at least a beer. Thanks again.

turn3

LawnSite Member
Thanks everyone for the replies!

We got rained out today so I ended up having some time to play around. I did look on google and on crutchfield again and couldn't find a specific reference to that truck.

What I did do was to take the radio back out of the truck to the local best buy, and fortunately found someone who was willing to work with me. We looked through the different harness options and low and behold, we found one that was a match!

For future reference to anyone else who has this issue, the link is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-t...hite/2737435.p?id=1183160745924&skuId=2737435

It is for honda passport/some isuzu vehicles (most places only list light duty vehicles the rodeo, trooper, ascender, etc). This at least works with my 2005 model NPR-HD truck.

Anyway, with that in hand, I was able to install a new radio and speakers in no time.

Thanks again for the info, and hopefully this will help someone else in the future

I planned on replacing our 2001 stereos before the season gets started but was also having problems finding a wiring harness. Did you have to buy anything new to mount the stereo? I assume any single DIN will fit.

OP
B

burnthefurniture

LawnSite Member
I planned on replacing our 2001 stereos before the season gets started but was also having problems finding a wiring harness. Did you have to buy anything new to mount the stereo? I assume any single DIN will fit.
I don't know too much about car audio, however if the 2001 is not dissimilar from my 05, a single DIN should work. I unscrewed the mounting brackets from the stock stereo and used them for the replacement which had holes in the same locations. I only purchased a radio and the harness from best buy I mentioned above. The antenna plugged directly in. A few butt connectors and it was good to go. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

DaveWB

LawnSite Senior Member
Don't mean to gravedig but for anyone searching in the future I have a 2000 Isuzu NPR and used the linked Metra 70-7712 that worked for the OP's 2005 NPR-HD. Unfortunately this was not the correct adapter for me(I purchased before I decided to take it apart and check), however I did find that Metra 70-1782 was the correct fit and a $25 single din radio off amazon with bluetooth works perfectly.

BigAl86

LawnSite Member
Thanks for taking the time to post the link for the adapter harness. Been trying to find one for a while now. I used it to install a double din android head unit. Works great in my 07 Isuzu NPR HD. Had do do some modifications on the dash but it's worth it.
Screenshot_20181110-183046_Gallery.jpg
[/QUOTE]