• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

It seems to take the same amount of time.

r&t

LawnSite Member
I bought a 36in mower been reading on this site all winter.Its taking the same amount of time to mow as my 21in. Is it im not used to it yet or is it the extra trimming eating up time?

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
you're not using it properly then. there is no way a 21" can do what a 36" does. are u overlapping too much? also, the thing is, when u have high wet grass, the 21" can't compete, and the life of the 2 machines will be different

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally by bobbygeld

"when u have high wet grass, the 21" can't compete, and the life of the 2 machines will be different"

I would disagree with both of these statements if the 21inch is a Honda commercial with the right blade setup running 3600 rpm.

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
With practice and a velke or jungle wheels, you should see your mowing time drop by 50% at least.Practice, practice,practice!!!:D

stslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
what gear do you have it in? what type of property are you doin? flat? hills? gardens? open? as said above are you over lapping to much?

MTR

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by impactlandscaping
With practice and a velke or jungle wheels, you should see your mowing time drop by 50% at least.Practice, practice,practice!!!:D
not only that, you save energy for other things to do on properties, in the end of day you will thank sulky for saving your business. All my 21ers are gone for good almost 2 1/2 years now and never miss them, so long.

OP
R

r&t

LawnSite Member
Ive got res. yards flat are you kidding I live in oklahoma.I guess I need some practice. I am walking it the people I bought it from said walk b-4 you ride its still pretty scary running it.

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by r&t
Ive got res. yards flat are you kidding I live in oklahoma.I guess I need some practice. I am walking it the people I bought it from said walk b-4 you ride its still pretty scary running it.
I agree, you need practice learning how to use it properly first, before buying a velkie.

lawnman_scott

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by bobbygedd
you're not using it properly then. there is no way a 21" can do what a 36" does. are u overlapping too much? also, the thing is, when u have high wet grass, the 21" can't compete, and the life of the 2 machines will be different
Well i would agree with both of those statements. You just have to get the hang of it.

LB Landscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Something doesn't seem to add up. I know when I bought my first 36 my cutting time cut in half. The added width helps but the speed of the mower was alot faster too.