It's a monster. What would it take/charge.....

OP
sedge

sedge

LawnSite Fanatic
Pretty difficult to gauge from the post on an accurate price, if I were to bid it, I’d want to see the property first. The post doesn’t specify how much mowing there actually is, and on that point, is it mowing with a push mower or are you using tractors with reel mowers or what? The price is going to be different based on the equipment to be efficient. I have no experience dealing with something this large so me throwing out a price would be dumb.
I have less than a spec of expierece of doing anything near this size on the snow side, where I subbed for an outfit for a few months (if that even)
They had supervisors and I feel they had a grasp on the situation at hand.
Anyone looking to bid this though, isn’t new to this size of a job, because the last thing you want to do is price it, win it and **** the bed on your first visit.
400 acres actually. 1 main location, 2 much smaller ones
Zero's, 72" we're thinking
Have several 25 to 45 acre locations already
Have a temp service that is partners with lawn maintenance division

OP
sedge

sedge

LawnSite Fanatic
to do all of that your going to be looking at well over $10,000 per mow wouldnt you be? i think for that contract your going to be well over $300k for the 28 mows and other stuff.
Thinking well over $10k. The mowing is easier to bid, as most of the locations currently are industrial locations with just small amounts of trimming and edging. This one has a lot of that.

shriver187

LawnSite Senior Member
Thinking well over $10k. The mowing is easier to bid, as most of the locations currently are industrial locations with just small amounts of trimming and edging. This one has a lot of that.
just dont under bid yourself. sounds like you know what to do. be a nice job to land

flashsmith

LawnSite Member
I would never even consider an account that size unless you have the current labor without hiring in an entire crew for a property that size. It's inevitable that at some point you will get outbid by another company. Especially if they want year to year contracts. Again I don't know your situation but losing an account that size and trying to fill that void of loss of income would sink alot of small to medium lawn care companies. For me the investment in equipmentand labor wouldn't be worth it in this business with no real guarantee on return with a year to year contract.

Groomer

LawnSite Silver Member
Improved Grounds 400 Acres along with leaf removal, but not heavily wooded
Edging 40,040 Linear Feet
Trimming 152,950+ Linear Feet
Police Grounds 705 Acres once per month (tree limbs, dry brush, rodent habitats, dead animals, etc.) with disposal off-site

28 mows per season. Grass height between 1" and 4" depending whether cool season or bermuda

Back ground checks on all employees

Which ya all think......
national forestry service area.
put your hat on, smokey.