It's a monster. What would it take/charge.....

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by sedge, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

40,000-45,000 a month. 4 hustler 101 and a couple 60 and 72 and a crew that will work 5-6 days a week.

2. Grassfire205

I do know that it takes 4 tractors 2 with a 15ft cutter and 2 with a 20ft cutter about 3.5-4 days to mow 727 acres along interstate on a contract i use to have. Now thats trying to stay at 5mph and having to slow down a good bit. Also worked from 7-5.

3. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

5. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

6. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Figuring on 2, 20' grooming mowers, 4 or 5, 6' exmarks.

Is that amount over 12 months or over 6 months?

7. UpNorthMowing

UpNorthMowing LawnSite Fanatic
    from Ontario

There has to be some sort of technical bidding process, ie, points based off of previous experience, how long the company has been around, supervisor experience, safety plans. Hopefully along with a whole other merit of criteria I did not mention.

The large base near where I am located had, technical points systems if you didn't score high enough you were not allowed to bid. Along with Bonds etc.

8. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Got bonds. That's a federal deal and we have that BS reverse discrimination worked out. You just have to team up with a certain subset of minorities and you're in.

9. UpNorthMowing

UpNorthMowing LawnSite Fanatic
    from Ontario

Is there a scoring process ?

On our large site it works out 75% technical score 25% price.

10. Grassfire205

Seeing how spread out it is i would write a contract to pay 52,000 a month 12 months out the year. Where you might come up short during growing months you make up for it in the 4-5 months its slower. Still shown up on winter months and do some clean up and be seen. If they won't pay the price it take to make a nice profit off of that i dont think anyone would take that bid on unless they were using solely as a loss for taxes.