It's a monster. What would it take/charge.....

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by sedge, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

Now wait a minute, when you responded to me last time you didn’t mention anything about a grooming/finishing mower.

Since it’s a federal gig, why don’t you just FOiA the previous contractor’s bid and see where you’re at.

2. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Yap, forgot to add that juicy little morsel....:waving:

It's state. Far as we can tell, it has been done in house, they are tired of it.

3. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Nope

4. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

I agree on your last portion spot on.

5. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

How about if one was to use pre-emergent, 24-d, round up during dormancy? Could it reduce your cost verses mowing?

6. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

No cause your using man hours to apply it. And why use it during dormancy its not doing anything. Use it while actively growing and cut back on weedeating time. But the time saved from weedeating is about the same cost wise as it would be buying chemicals and applying it. Get a set 12 month pay and see if it will work. Personally I wouldn't take it on if there are so many variables and questions. And i certainly wouldnt take it on looking to make a sure profit. Looks like a headache and money pit to me.

7. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed on all accounts. It's what I told me friend who I'm helping with the bid on it.

8. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Had the walk through today. The manager wants a total bid, then broken down when invoiced. He wants to be invoiced for hours worked for each task and then bill them for those amounts, so he only pays what time was spent and he knows what your are charging per hour for everything and how long it takes you for each thing. If you over bid the years amount because you didn't use all the hours worth, he keeps it. If you under bid and used more hours, than to bad, to sad.

9. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Senior Member

Hard pass at this point

BrandonV likes this.
  10. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him to kick rocks and let him know anyone with business sense wont do that.

MNLawns, iand and BrandonV like this.