It's hot and I am tired of walking, somebody tell me if a 2006 32" wright stander will save me.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rippinryno, Jul 10, 2019.

1. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

300 hours. 32" wright stander. Was built in 2006, didn't sell until 2012. Has the older Kawi motor, looks to be a solid unit, fixed deck.

Is this something I can effectively replace my 30" timemaster with? I currently runa 36" turbo force, a 30" timemaster and a 54" ZTR. I'm hoping to completely replace both the timemaster and turbo force with this unit. Although I will probably keep them as backup.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Zero experience, but considering the mower weight (+ operator) and tire size - I'd think you'll have a recipe for rutting. Proper conditions would negate this, but how often can we count on Mother Nature cooperating?
    IOW, keep that 30 handy.

sjessen likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

I'm sure it will leave some ruts with that sort of weight, including my 200lbs on it, but I can manage that by using different direction every visit. i'm mostly concerned with the productivity increase and how much I will gain with this vs a 30" push mower. This is going to cost me 2 grand, figure that's a real good price on a wright stand on mower that has 300 hours. It's a no bells a whistles, pull start setup that I am hoping to hear some reviews about. I know it's old so may not get many people still running these things.

4. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

32” Velke HC.

32 Standers rut and no slope stability. The pre 2017 ones are even worse. They has recent refresh as did the Velke hydro.

sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

Well I bought it yesterday. got the guy down to 2,000 so it was a no brainer. Seems to run and operatef lawless, but i'm going to give it the usual treatment before I put it to work.. They have the deck set down so frigging low i can't get the thing on a trailer. Will be moving the spacers on the front as well as oil change, spark plugs, fuel filter, hydro filter, etc. Other than some fading on the paint I expect this thing to drastically cut down my time and effort getting into back yards. I may be able to use it on 75% of my residentials entire properties without having to pull the ZTR out.

TrainingWheels and Cam15 like this.
  6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Nice buy. You will love it.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

Will spend some time in the next day or two getting that deck and blade adjustment the way I need it. Looks like the blades use spacers on the top to raise or lower the blade height. Does anybody know if these spacers are supposed to be removed completely or just moved from either the top of the pulley or between the blade and the spindle. I know that wright puts them there to offer 1/4" cutting increments. I just want them so my blades aren't danging so low they want to scalp. On these fixed decks I always prefer to set the blade height first then I can tweak the deck height with the rear wheel settings and the front castor spacer settings.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Does it have the 16x6.5 drive tires. I had one these many years ago, sold it bought more Viking 32”. Yes they made 32 Vikings back then.

Was horrible on our lawns. Had to go so slow to avoid rutting a push mower was faster and forget about any kind of slope.

Cam15 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

It sure doe shave the skinny little tires. I wasn't in the market for another walk behind, the small frame stander is exactly what I need to get into these yards. I have read on here quite a bit about rutting, so I will have to be the judge of that.

10. CuttingEdgeLandscapes

CuttingEdgeLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

productivity will increase for sure i was tired of walking with a toro 30" bought another 36" quik trak. if you alternate directions every week there wont be rutting unless its super wet and soggy maybe. i kept the 30 for one small area with a pool but other than that i save on average 10-15 minutes a property with the small frame stander.

also from a multiple crew standpoint, now both crews have the exact same setup in both trailers so as we continue into this no rain cycle one crew can run both routes and not have to take several mowers to satisfy the route.