It's time for the yearly gas price prediction poll...

What price range do you think will dominate this year?

• Under $4 a gallon

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Between $4 and $4.25

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Between $4.26 and $4.50

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Between $4.50 and $5

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • War with Iran is on, the sky's the limit

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • The Dollar is toast, the sky's the limit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey Everybody,

In keeping with tradition, I think it's time to do our yearly gas price predicitons... Where do you think the price will be in 3 months or 6 months? What factors do you think will influence the prices of gas this year? Vote in the poll! Comment on your thoughts.

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
I was listening to someone that predics these things [cannot remember which blowhard it was] and they said not to be surprised if we set a new record high this year but did not think it would last too long.

I also heard from someone else that new drilling in areas is going to cause oil to really drop and greatly slow down US production.

I guess it is kind of like a dog log and a bb gun.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I hope I'm way wrong, but I'm betting we see them push it to $5 this year. They've been wanting to for a long time now, and they have enough excuses to do it this summer to test the waters of how much we will take.

This is an election year, so I hope that will help keep prices down below that mark, but I ain't holding my breath. If the current administration stays in office, and keeps spending like he has been, next year the dollar will be toast most leading economists say. Hope they're wrong.

GQLL

LawnSite Senior Member
With the Iran situation the big wigs at the oil company will jack the prices up. It is already been proven cause yesterday when Iran blocked France and Brittan from oil from them prices jumped 5 cents around here. But France and Brittan never had in the past got oil from Iran, but now this gives the media something to jump on and fuel the fire

Kelly's Landscaping

LawnSite Platinum Member
Presidential election year with the weakest president in living memory so my prediction is it will drop to around 3 bucks a gallon by election time. The man is a walking disaster and a complete buffoon but even he knows the price is dictated by the futures market. All he needs to do is be perceived to be taking steps to lower the price. So 1 reverse course on the key stone pipeline. Then 2 actually issue offshore drilling permits not just pretend too. 3 open up Anwar to exploration. 4 end the escalation with Iran and either wipe them out or buy them off. 5 if all else fails go to the Saudi's and Bow to them again and beg for them to crank up production. Any one of these will lower prices an in combination will slash them.

Before you criticize me know that one I am right and two just look back to the 2008 election and your see the same thing happened. We went from fuel close to 4 bucks that summer to Bush having it at $1.89 a gallon the day Obama was sworn in.

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
Dude, we were $5.28 a gallon here on the weekend. We have a new tax coming into effect on July 1st and a refinery just blew up in Washington State.

Hahaha, Your poll needs more options.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Would help if we would stop exporting gas to other countries. Huh???

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
well it's about $3.50 a gallon here (chevron 87 octane) right now in february which is about where it stayed all last summer. i imagine it will go over $4 for sure by july. possibly $5.