• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

I've been trying to stripe

DJ Contracting

LawnSite Senior Member
Well her are my poor looking stripes, maybe by next year i'll have it down.

Lincoln stripes.JPG

Lincoln 2.JPG

Lincoln 3.JPG

Lincoln 4.JPG

My stripes .JPG

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
I would be perfectly pleased with those stripes! The first 4 pics the grass dosn't appear to be fertilized much, or at all. the darker green and more "lush" the grass is, the better it tends to show the stripe.

I'll ask the question first... What mower are you running? stripe kit? what kind of blades? HaHa, beat someone else to it!

OP
DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks and your wright the first four are from an account that does not fertilize.

OP
DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting

LawnSite Senior Member
Sorry i missed the second part. I have a Gravely 2148 XL with a factory blades and a factory stripe kit that attaches to the rear of the deck.

OP
DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting

LawnSite Senior Member
3" on all accounts

OP
DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting

LawnSite Senior Member
I had to take some pictures of my own yard. I cut mine at 3 1/2 and if i do say so myself it looks good, seeing how i never had to fertilize it. Heres why i have not fertilize for the last two years. A Fertilizing Co. has fertilized my yard for free seeing how they keep getting the wrong address, they hang a bill on my door, and i take to my neighbor.

My home.JPG

Front yard stripes.JPG