• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

I've seen it all now.

lawnwizards

LawnSite Silver Member
i was at rite aid today when i saw these 2 jokers out cutting grass in the pouring rain. well, i decided to stand and watch for a few minutes. the guy cutting grass was using a homeowner push mower and it kept dying on him. the guy weedeating was using a homelite weedeater and he kept missing big spots. they then tried to blow the grass off the lot after they only finished half of the grass. after they left, i walked over to see their job and it was horrible. i was gonna talk to rite aid about cutting for them but i'm pretty sure they just want the cheapest based on what i saw..

i wish i had my digital camera with me. i would have taken some pics to show you all.... i definitely got a big laugh today.

lawnwizards

OP
L

lawnwizards

LawnSite Silver Member
thanks lux lawn, but i'll pass. i'm pretty sure they wouldn't want my price when they can get two bozo's to do it for beer money.

OP
L

lawnwizards

LawnSite Silver Member
i guess i could talk to the manager. i know him pretty well. i'll ask him some questions and then decide if its worth it... thanks.

lawn wizards.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
If your Rite Aids look anything like ours do, it's plain to see, that the management doesn't even CARE about what it looks like. It's funny, because we have what has become an "industry term" here, and it applies to other businesses of this type, as well. It is called the "Rite-Aid mentality". What this is, basically, is build, spend around 20-30 thousand on landscape and lawn installation, and then just let it go to waste. Weeds, neglected beds, grass that dies, trees and shrubs neglected, etc..