1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

J. Davis Landscape Contractor - 2009

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JDavisLandscapes, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, are you going to the Trade Show in Louisville, KY next week? I'll be there and it would be great to meet up with you if you are going.

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates????

3. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

This guy does some of the best paver jobs on here. Too bad he don't update and post anymore.

4. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

^^^Agreed, dont like to dig in old posts, but this is one that should definately stay alive

5. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys sorry for not updating over the last yearor so. I had a lot going on. I got sick with lymes disease, had a friend/ co-worker pass away, and had a bunch of other things going on, which made me not able to focus on work as much. And with the amount of hours I was putting in I started really burning myself out.

I made the ultimate decision to sell my business and take a break from 80-100 hour weeks for a while. I was a tough decision because I put a lot of hard work in over the last 5 years to get my business to where it was.

I will put up some quick shots of some of our projects from this past year or so as soon as I get a second.

I have decided to take a project manager position at Earth Turf and Wood and I will be moving out there soon to team up with Jarod and crew to continue doing what I love and still have a healthy balance of down time. I'm really looking foward to the opportunity ahead of me.

6. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about your friend passing away. How are you making out with the lyme disease? Did you end up selling your business in the beginning of the season?

Congrats on the job with Earth, Turf, and Wood. By his posts you can see he runs a top notch company that is very successful. Many people here look up to him and his team and what they do. He is very lucky to be able have a guy like yourself to be part of his team. I am sure you will excel with his company. Good luck with everything and dont forget to post pictures.

:clapping: :cool2: :clapping: :cool2: :clapping: :cool2: :clapping: :cool2: :clapping:

7. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Sad to here about the negative things that have happened, I hope things are starting to turn around. Maybe working at ET&W will help with that! Hope all is well.

8. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry about your loss. And congrats on the new job. I've been in the same dilemma myself for a while. Owning your own business can be great, but the amount of time you need to pit into it to be successful can be very hard on you. It's a hard decision to sell or get out when you have spent a good portion of your life building your business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bakertbyc

bakertbyc LawnSite Member

dude rock that! nothing wrong with a pay check... what i did, you'll just make a lot more then my jar head ass

10. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys thank you all for the support. I know its been a long while since you posted butill try to throw up some of project I never got to ost on here for you! I hope everybody is doing well, I am enjoying my time with Earth Turf and Wood so far!

Whatsup with the security token thing? it wont let me post pictures anymore?