1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

J. Davis Landscape Contractor - 2009

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JDavisLandscapes, Mar 31, 2009.

1. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear you doing well. You have to resize the pictures to fit their guidelines and that will get rid of the security token issue.

2. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks buddy, good to hear from ya! What program do you usually resize things in??

And how is your season going so far, glad to see your still on here. Youve been getting pummled with rain too huh?

3. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

Some quick shots from jobs from my last season before closing up shop. Tell me what you guys think.

001resized.jpg

007resize.jpg

009rresize.jpg

re.jpg

reee.jpg

rrreee.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

5. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

and some more...... some fun with double borders and circles! -- project with the seating wall and columns i cant ind a shot wit it finished, the last shot the lights and caps arent mounted obviously, caps are just laying on top, they arent crooked.

eeeeeeee.jpg

eeerrr.jpg

reereere.jpg

eeeeeeer.jpg

eeeeeeerere.jpg

eeeeeeeeee.jpg

erere'.jpg

rrrrrrr.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

7. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

AWESOME work! I hope that things are turning around well for you! Congratulations on becoming part of the ETW Family! Jarod must be happy to have somebody who brings so much to the plate as part of the team. Win - Win!!

8. Tyler259

Tyler259 Banned

How's your Lyme disease treatment been going?

Did you move to PA to work with ETW, do you ever think about starting your business back up?

Do you think your biggest problem was having skilled workers and you were just trying to take on too much by yourself?

Interested in anything you have to add about closing your business, moving to work with ETW and your plans for the future.

I've read this whole thread and also ETW's. You guy's are very helpful and seem like great people thanks for the knowledge.

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I saw you got your start with a paving company, when you set the pavers first and they pave up to your border, do you do edge restraint(concrete or plastic) or do you leave them loose and the guy with the roller is careful?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. OP
    OP
    JDavisLandscapes

When pavers went in first I would always do a light concrete edge resraint to hold my pavers in place so I could poly sand without and movement and run them over with thew compactor but you must leave a good inch and a half for the blacktop if you leave anyless the blacktop will be laid to thin and crack and crumble away from the top of the concrete along the pavers