1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

J&J - Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nnj18, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

That makes sense...

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice new ride buddy. those trucks are pretty comfy and quiet inside. my buddy has one like it thats black.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I see what you mean, gotta start somewhere though

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I know, i'm just saying credit cards alone won't build your credit, but it is a start. At first i was only able to get a few 500 credit cards. I would allways max them out and pay them off. Now i have an american express with no limit and 19k on a visa with countless offers in the mail everday.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe try to find a loan shark????

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I hear for people our age the best way to establish credit is finance a vehicle. Guess I was lucky when my dad co-signed for me back when I was 18. If I were you I would have financed that truck kept the cash and paid that truck off in a few years.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yep, true. Usually there is no penalty for paying it off early.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

What are you guys making each year and showing the bank? That is one of the biggest thing for your age group. You dont have to publicly come out and say what you are making, just gotta think that if you cant get these vehicle and equipment loans at 18, it may be simply due to your not making enough yet in the banks eyes.

9. OP
    OP
    nnj18

I tried to get a $5k loan for one year on it and was turned down....I didn't have a cosigner though.....I still dont see why they'd turn that down when my balance showed over $13k in the bank and I only wanted less then 1/2 of the trucks cost and just a 1 year loan....guess its the economy?????

Haha Matt, I'd never go through a loan shark f'k that!

10. OP
    OP
    nnj18

thanx and you're right, its a really smooth, comfortable ride and quiet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.