Jack's small engine accquired by NorthernTool

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
I was just on Jack's small engine website and noticed they were accquired by Northern Tool. I like doing business with both of these companies and hope it makes them both better. I guess its a good move with Northern's North Star line of equipment. It might even help Jack's shipping to get better. It does take a couple days after you order something from Jack's before it ships.

Bitches_Brew

Banned
I was just on Jack's small engine website and noticed they were accquired by Northern Tool. I like doing business with both of these companies and hope it makes them both better. I guess its a good move with Northern's North Star line of equipment. It might even help Jack's shipping to get better. It does take a couple days after you order something from Jack's before it ships.

They are both good vendors. (you would think) It could only get better. Thumbs Up

lawnspecialties

LawnSite Silver Member

Shipping with Jack's can be quite frustrating at times. As you said, this would be a huge benefit if Northern can improve. Often times I go to Jack's to find a part on their parts diagram and then I find that same part on Amazon or Ebay with free immediate shipping. I hate to admit that but my loyalty only goes so far when I have a piece of equipment waiting on a part.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Shipping with Jack's can be quite frustrating at times. As you said, this would be a huge benefit if Northern can improve. Often times I go to Jack's to find a part on their parts diagram and then I find that same part on Amazon or Ebay with free immediate shipping. I hate to admit that but my loyalty only goes so far when I have a piece of equipment waiting on a part.
That's right! The most reliable to get the part on my doorstep first gets the business!

Carolina Cuttin' Company

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm the same way with Jack's and eReplacement Parts.

Anyone else concerned by the change? I'm not real excited about a low quality big-box hardware store taking over a reliable if slow parts supplier. Of course, as long as it's OEM parts, the quality shouldn't be a problem. And I guess CS couldn't really get too much worse.

OP
Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Bringing this thread back up. I was talking to the neighbor last night who just sold his share of part ownership in Northern Hydraulics(northern tool) and retired. He said with the Jack's aquisition the first goal was to get all orders shipped within 48 hours. I will order some parts this week and see if things have gotten any better.

sagesove

LawnSite Senior Member
Is this the main reason pricing on Jack's has been skyrocketing for awhile now?

Our Northern Tool pricing has been steadily going up as well. I do like them though, as others have said, they just have "stuff" you can't readily purchase anywhere else but online. But their "help" is abysmal. Just doesn't seem like any of the employees want to be there.

roody2333

LawnSite Bronze Member
came here to say the same thing, I feel bad for using sites like jacks and ereplacement for their great data base of diagrams and sometimes tricky parts like 'part replaced by #', only to buy the part cheaper and quicker on ebay.

same with things like 1a Auto, they have great youtube tutorials how to replace or fix certain car/truck things but I never bought parts from them.

Top Forums