Jacto PJB16 just arrived

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Haven't even had the chance to use it yet but the compact size is great. Hard to believe it's 4 gal. Built very sturdy but very lightweight dry. A little more pricey than the other two I have but I'm really wanting quality here. Tired of the headaches with poor quality sprayers that still cost a couple hundred.

IMG_20190729_191257.jpg

OP
kemco

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes. Rechargable battery I can't remember volts offhand and I'm not in front of it right now. Has variable pressure settings, audible walk speed cadance beeps for calibration (not sure I'll use that feature).

OP
kemco

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Just had the chance to put it together today and charge up the battery to use tomorrow. Interesting that my 105EX sprayer I've been using which ran around $225 from my dealer has a 20v battery but only 36 Wh. JACTO battery is listed at 14.4 to Max 16v but has 6OWh about twice the power. Very happy about that.

Cjames808

LawnSite Senior Member
Nice. Have same unit. My battery lasts forever. Only complaint is mine has a random leak they wouldn’t warranty or fix. But I don’t wear it just put it on stand on mower and drive.

OP
kemco

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
First time I used it today I pulled up on the agitation lever and the pin blew out and dumped probably a quarter gallon of spray on a nice yard before I just stuck my thumb over it to seal the hole until I got it back to my truck to turn it off. Now the lever and pin won't stay in the hole. Something broke that holds it in place. Man I'm sick of these things being shoddy. Well now I've got to figure out what parts broken and order it. Had to dump the remainder in my other backpack. Thankfully I brought a backup.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Nice. Have same unit. My battery lasts forever. Only complaint is mine has a random leak they wouldn’t warranty or fix. But I don’t wear it just put it on stand on mower and drive.
Agree battery lasts a long, long time. I am not a big fan of the wand it comes with...fittings come loose all the time and drip.

OP
kemco

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Update. I took the base plate off and best I could tell was a retention clip on the agitator switch pin had bent or was bent I tried bending back no good. Jactco quickly sent me out an entire replacement agitator assembly no charge. I replaced and all is good. And furthermore I love this sprayer. I used it all day long and on a few lawns it was way more than spot spray. Ran the agitator constantly until I started spraying. End of day I was still on "full battery" 3 bars. It's so much smaller in size than my previous units but still holds a full 4 gallons. I love it. I purchased another one today. Hoping I just got a lemon with a bad agitator switch . Other than that first hiccup I'm very impressed. I do wish it was easier to see the amount in the tank, it's about impossible without taking the top off and just looking in and guessing based on the printed outside graduations.