1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

JD 757 zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paulss, Jun 18, 2006.

1. paulss

paulss LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a zero turn mower and have not pulled the trigger because most of them I've looked at that would do what I need have been $6500+ . The used units I've seen have been VERY used and abused, I came across a 757 at my local JD dealer that has a little over 300 hours on it and about 45 days remaining on the original factory warranty. The dealer fixed a leak under warranty and is doing a full service to it and wants $5000-$5500 for it. It appears to be in very good shape and not abused.

Any thoughts on this unit for this price and are there any problems associated w/these units. He says a new one is $7950 (sound right) ?

Thanks for all your help.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.

The price on a new one sounds about right.

3. D and H Seasonal Services

D and H Seasonal Services LawnSite Member
    from SE, Pa

He says a new one is $7950 (sound right) ?

I am not sure about Tx. but I bought a JD 727-A with a 54" cut for $7400.00 + tax. and it listed for $8600.00. I just traded it for a Hustler Super-Z My JD only had 52 hours on it. Not a good trade or resale value on JD mowers. Not many dealers want nor will trade them.

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the last 6 pages or so in this Forum and you will see a couple threads on the 757. I recently purchased a 757 w/ 60" cut for $7769+tax. It was the best deal for me here in SW Michigan. The 737 54" was 7495 and the 727A 54" was 7295. As for the JD mowers not holding their value, I would have to strongly disagree w/ that. My advice on that would be to spend a LITTLE extra money up front and get either the 737 or 757 as opposed to the 727A because they have a much heavier frame and the controls are on the side, as opposed to down below, tires are a little larger, fuel tank's larger, more h.p., a few other minor things. Not to say that the 727A is junk, 'cause it's not, but spending a little more money will give you a better machine in my opinion and possibly help you to hold a little more value on your machine in the long run. I'm not an expert by any means. There should be a few more Pros on here later on that will pipe up w/ some pros/cons that will be a bit more helpful for you.

By the way, as for "list price.", you can pretty much wipe your a$$ w/ that. I was told the 757 60" listed for $9,700 from my dealer, also told $10,300 from a dealer about 50miles away, and also $11,200 from a dealer in Illinois. So I'm really not sure where they come up w/ that.